Friday, February 1, 2013

January 28th


I've been making these catnip pouches for our cats, and I made a few prototypes to put up on etsy. Well, Norma freaking loves them. Also, look at that belly hair!!



Told ya Olive was a butt snuggler.



She also loves Jolene, even if Jolene only tolerates her.



I finally finished my dining room make-over, which included paint, cleaning the carpets, and rearranging some things. I didn't take a finished photo today, but I'll get one. 

I decided to rent a Rug Doctor from the store. I haven't before, but I thought for 25$, that's cheaper than a tank of gas to go up to my mom's house to get her carpet cleaner, it'd be worth it. Renting it was no problem, I bought a name brand cleaner simply because I didn't care for the Walmart brand I had tried in my dad's machine. Anyhow, this is a terrible spot right in the middle of the dining room. I don't know what's it's from, the carpet in the entire house was in pretty bad shape when we moved in, so who knows. This spot had been cleaned at least twice with the 'rents machine (and hence the reason I don't care for the Walmart brand cleaner). Pretty gross, right? Well I pre-treated it with my homemade carpet cleaner (more on that later) and ran over it ONCE with the Rug Doctor. What a difference that made!! It's hardly recognizable, and while the carpet in the dining room is in the worst shape (due to sun-fading from the many years the house sat vacant) and will need to be replaced, it cleaned up really nice and at the bare minimum I've added a few years to the life of the flooring. I'm totally impressed with the Rug Doctor, too. It's quick (super quick), it leaves the carpet relatively dry, and it does a great job in some tight places. I did my entire house in one day for 25$ plus about 15$ for the soap. 40$ total ain't bad for ~2000 sq ft.




No comments:

Post a Comment