Friday, March 29, 2013

March 21st


JoJo (Jolene) and Heidi keep me company when Gerald goes to work.


Today was a busy busy day. From July 2012 to January 2013, we had two litters of kittens that we cared for. One litter of 3, and one of 7. That's ten! Anyhow, they were my life for six months. In the meantime, we also care for down-on-their-luck cats. Since starting this process in July, we have successfully adopted out 15 cats. FIFTEEN! 

I am very thankful that my husband allows me to do such crazy things, and I'm quite happy we are in a position to do so. So fast forward to today, middle of March. Keep in mine we still have Omar sequestered in his own room. My foster contact stops by with 7 more kittens. These are about 4 weeks old, and more than half have difficulty seeing or are totally blind.






It's pretty obvious that I form an instant love for anything furry that comes into contact with me. I simply can't help it. This here is Ollie. He's completely blind, and as far as I can tell the only one that's like this. He gets around just fine, and surprising to me, he's not the runt of the litter. He's a lover and the only one I've named so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment